Summer is here and a yummy cold treat is just what you need!
I was making some delicious, low carb, ketogenic, ice cream and thought to myself… You’re going to love this!! So here it is. Super creamy, you only need a little, very healthy, mmmmm!, so yummy! Creamy Butter Pecan Ice Cream!
The story behind my ice cream.
I’ve been eating Ketogenic for a few months, and I haven’t had any treats, and then I thought, I could make ketogenic ice cream! And it’s simply to yummy not to share. 😊
What is ketogenic?
I’ll write more about the Ketogenic lifestyle soon, but to get you started, in a nutshell, Ketogenic is a lifestyle, not a diet. It’s a lifestyle of eating high fats, moderate protein and low carbs. Ketogenic is approximately 70% healthy fats, 25% proteins and 5% carbs. That’s it for now, we’ve got to get back to Butter Pecan Ice Cream!
Fat’s won’t make you fat!
For real! Woohoo!!!! Healthy fats won’t make you fat! Unhealthy fats will though, and carbs in the form of candies, fries, baked treats, sodas, etc. certainly will! So, if you’re eating healthy fats with a bunch of processed carbs, it’ll be the carbs and sugars causing you to gain weight, don’t blame it on the fats! Fats are your friends!
Onto the goodness!
So here it is! The moment you’ve been waiting for! Creamy Butter Pecan Ice Cream! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
Do you have any questions? How can I help?
If you don’t have all of these yummy ingredients laying about your pantry, I included links to the products I use, for your convenience! Just click on the underlined word and it’ll take you right to where you need to go! ❤
- 4TBSP Organic Butter
- 1 C. Organic Pecans
- 4 C. Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 2 Organic Yolks
- 1 C. Xylitol
- 6 tsp Organic Vanilla
- Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add pecans and cook over medium-low heat until pecans are toasted and golden, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes. You’ll notice the scent change. Remove the pecans leaving the butter behind in the pan. Cool the nuts
- Add the cream to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a slow boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and simmer 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, yolks and xylitol. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium until mixture is thick, smooth and pale yellow. About 2 minutes. Add one cup of cream mixture to egg mixture, still beating on low speed. After combined, pour the entire egg mixture into the cream and cook, stirring constantly, over medium low heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a glass bowl, add pecans, stirring until well blended, and chill completely.
- Once the mixture is cool, transfer to the freezer and freeze until solid.
- If you’re using an ice cream machine, once the mixture is cooled, you can add to your machine, adding the pecans about 5 minutes before the ice cream is complete. This may take about 25ish minutes. Note: It may take longer to set up due to the high cream content.
- This ice cream will scoop perfectly once frozen!
You can make this without the xanthan gum. It may not be as thick, but with all of that cream, you can't go wrong!
Want more?!? Click on the links below to enjoy more delicious recipes from my kitchen!