When you think of chocolate brownies, do you think of warm, fudgy, delicious, melt in your mouth, bites of chocolate heaven?
Mmmm! Me too. Chocolate brownies are a favorite in our home. When you think of healthy brownies do you imagine them tasting like a cardboard box? Search no more! Healthy brownies have arrived and the flavor won’t let you down! These will hands down be the best chocolate brownies in your recipe box and will bring many praises from your friends and family. And they won’t even know they’re healthy. 😉
Several years ago when we bought our home, we added three very large raised bed gardens. We planted many yummy things, one of them zucchini. We grew large beautiful, delicious zucchini! I learned to make many dishes with zucchini and they were all delicious. I’ll share more with you in other posts, however, today we’re going to make something decadent. Zucchini is super easy to grow, as long as the critters don’t get to the seed sprouts before it has a chance to turn into a producing plant. 🙂
I got very creative with zucchini and remembered old boring zucchini brownies from my youth. Since I love to bake, and want my loved ones enjoy what I make, I set out to create the perfect zucchini brownies. And here they are! Please note, I search online for recipes. Most often, I tweak them to make them perfect for us. I do not remember where these originated from, or if or what modifications I’ve made. These have just become a brownie go to for us.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does. ❤
These are the most moist, fudgy, decadent zucchini brownies! Search no more.
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 TBSP Organic Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 C Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Organic Applesauce or 1 Organic Apple peeled and pureed
- 1 C Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 1/2 C Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
- 2 C Peeled and grated Organic Zucchini
- 1 C Organic Chocolate Chips + 1/2 C for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Peel and grate zucchini.
- If you're using an apple; peel apple, cut into 1 inch chunks. Add to a food processor and puree. You may need to add about 1 tsp of water to get the apple to an apple sauce constituency.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, and the apple sauce and let this sit for 5 minutes to let the coconut sugar dissolve.
- In a seperate medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder (sift if lumpy), baking soda and salt. Make sure there are no clumps before going on to the next step.
- Add the dry mix to the wet, gently stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Fold in the zucchini and 1 C chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan, and even the surface with a spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/2 C chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted int the middle doesn't come out gooey. It might still be sticky - Just not have raw batter on it.
- Place your baking dish on a wire rack to ensure that your dish is cooling from all sides and stops the baking process of your brownies. Cool completely or serve warm.
Did you enjoy this recipe?
You can check out my other delicious recipes here!
Other posts you’ll enjoy reading!