Something delicious for your body!
I was thinking about you! One of my favorite things is the ocean, and the beach of course. The ocean is so healthy for us. So, that inspired me! You needed a little self-yummy love today too! I whipped up a delicious batch of Grapefruit Vanilla Body Scrub that I know, you’re just going to love! ❤
This body scrub will make your skin soft and silky smooth, and leave you refreshed and happy.
Grapefruit oil is said to have some amazing properties, including, but don’t hold me to it, 😉 reduce the appearance of cellulite. And I don’t know many women that wouldn’t want that!
Body scrubs are expensive, especially when you purchase healthy products like I do, without harmful chemicals and additives. However, this was so super easy, that you just can’t pass up the opportunity to whip up a batch, or few, for yourself and others!
This scrub is so super simple, only takes a couple of minutes, and you can give it away to ladies in your life that deserve a bit of pampering as well. What woman doesn’t need a little pamper love?!?
A little note about my scrub recipe before we get started. 😊
I don’t like my scrubs super oily. They get messy that way, and… To be honest, I’m a bit accident prone. I don’t need any extra help slipping in the shower, plus… High end scrubs… Just aren’t. So… This scrub is light and airy, and just super yummy delicious love on your skin.
You’ll feel like you just bought spa quality scrub-a-licious! But, you’ll make it for just a few bucks.
Save the scrub a dub dub for the last step.
I love to get all of my stuff done in the shower and save my scrubbin’ until the end. Applying the scrub as your last step will leave your skin so very silky smooth, plus, it’ll leave the oils on your skin and increase the the fabulous benefits! Woohoo! Don’t wash the benefits away. Just pat dry and mmmm, enjoy a glorious, benefits filled day!
A word about carrier oil.
You can use all kinds of oils for your scrub. I have chosen to make my scrubs with food grade organic avocado oil because… Well, it’s food! And I believe you shouldn’t put anything on your body if you wouldn’t put it in your mouth.
Besides, it’s such a super healthy fat, and it only takes 26 second to absorb through our skin. So, let’s take in a bit more healthy fats! Check out my post about healthy cooking oils!
If you don’t have all the goodness.
No worries! I’ve provided links to many of the products I use, for your convenience! Just click on the underlined name and it’ll take you right to the product. Enjoy! 😀
- Here’s what you’ll need
- 1 Cup of Ground Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essential Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Grapefruit Essential Oil
- In a small mixing bowl, add avocado oil and essential oils and mix.
- Add Himalayan salt and mix up.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid or put in cutie glass containers for gifts.
- To Use:
- In a hot shower, step out of the stream of water. Scoop up about ¼ cup in to a cupped hand and apply to the area you want to scrub, keeping your hand cupped, apply to skin in circular motions applying a decent amount of pressure. I like to go in a circular motion and then reverse my circles to really get the friction of the salt going. This stimulates circulation and blood flow. The grapefruit oil will do the rest!
- If you want to scrub in the tub. 😉
- Run your bath and then stand in the tub and scrub and then sink into the tub and relax and soak in the Himalayan and oils mixture and enjoy a bit more lovin’! I suggest if this is the application choice, take a good book and a favorite beverage in with you!
I just absolutely love this scrub!! And it’s so fun when my hubs comes into the bathroom after me and makes a mmmmm sound when he smells the bathroom! Makes me feel yummy too! ❤ Enjoy pampering yourself with this amazing scrub!
Try it out and make sure to come back and let me know what you think! Did you love the scrub?
Check out these other posts you’re going to love!
Did you like this post? Click here to sign up for more great information, absolutely FREE!