For real! Mmmm! Delicious Low Carb Nachos.
When you think the word “nachos”?
You’re probably thinking, the chips and salsa type?!? Me too, but when eating a low carb or ketogenic diet, you’ don’t get to have the chips, but you get to have lots and lots of oooey gooey, delicious cheese! These low carb nachos are a win win.
I love after a super busy day, I get home and open the fridge… And there in front of me is left-overs. Hehe! I know that if I can just figure out what to do with them, dinner will be much easier!
There I was, standing in front of my open fridge and the left-over taco meat was starting right at me.
I thought to myself… Nachos sound yummy! And there they came. Right out of my brain, and here they are, just for you!
There’s so much more you can do to these “nachos” with toppings.
However, since they came to me randomly, when everyone was starved, my creativity was limited to how much time I had before I passed out from starvation! So, I just threw them together and took pictures. But you have my permission to get super creative with them. 😁
These keto nachos were very yummy, you’ll just have to get past the idea that you need chips. You don’t! Don’t cook them very long, so that they stay crunchy, and you’ll be set.
- 1 Organic Yellow Squash
- 1.5 Cups Cooked/Seasoned Organic Ground Turkey (Leftovers from taco meat works perfectly)
- Shredded or Sliced Organic Cheddar or Organic Pepper Jack
- Organic Sour Cream
- Organic Tomatillo Salsa
- Diced Organic Tomatoes
- What else do you like on your nachos? 🙂
- 1 Package Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Organic Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Organic Garlic, Minced
- Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt & Organic Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 TBSP Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tps Organic Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Cup Green Chili Peppers (from a jar) or 1 Fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and slice squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place onto baking sheet.
- Top with ground turkey taco meat.
- Top with shredded or sliced organic cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, making sure that the cheese is melted into all of the cracks. Ensure not to bake to long, you want your squash to remain crispy.
- Arrange on a plate and top with your favorite toppings.
And there you have it!
A healthy option for your nacho craving! I hope you enjoy them. Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
Have you signed up for my newsletter and received my free cookbook yet? If not, sign up now and start enjoying my other favorite dinner recipes! Don’t miss a post, Sign up now!
Read these posts now for additional great information!