Avoid the chemicals and save money with homemade almond milk!
Have you heard all of the excitement over how great almond milk is? But did you know that even the organic brands use fillers and chemicals? Icky!
Today I’m going to teach you how to make your very own homemade organic raw almond milk!
Woohoo! It’s super easy and so fast that even on your busiest of days, you can still make it happen. And the best part, no chemicals! And the second best part… Saving money! With this tutorial and recipe you can easily make it how you want it, vanilla, unsweetened… No problem!
I love saving money, but I won’t give up quality.
Almond milk has a lot that makes it super healthy for you.
Almond milk contains half a day’s recommended intake of vitamin E, and a significant amount of calcium.
It’s low in calories. Helps prevent heart disease and doesn’t spike blood sugars.
The not so great part of store bought almond milk.
Some store bought almond milk (even organic varieties) contain carrageenan, a thickening additive that has been linked to inflammation, ulcerative colitis and diabetes. Ummmm… No thanks! Since one of the benefits of almond milk is that it actually helps prevent disease, this toxic ingredient is counterproductive.
Another great reason you make your own homemade almond milk! All of the benefits and none of the bad stuff!
Check out this instruction video to make your Best Almond Milk ever!!
- 1 Cup Raw Organic Almonds
- 3 Cups Purified Water
- 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Organic Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2-4 Organic Dehydrated Dates OR 2 TBSP Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- Soak Organic Raw Almonds for 12-24 hours in purified water.
- Drain, rinse the almonds well, drain again.
- Put almonds, water, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt and dates into a high powered blender NOTE: If you're making unsweetened almond milk, omit the dates.
- Blend until blended, creamy and smooth. We use button 4 on our BlendTech.
- Place your Nutbag inside of your mixing bowl Pour your almond mixture into the nut bag. Squeeze the Nutbag until all of the liquid comes out. It'll take a bit of muscle.
- Pour your fresh Organic Almond Milk into your favorite glass carraffe!
- Note: Your raw almond milk will last about 5 days in the refrigerator.
- This is the dehydrator that we have Food Dehydrator and I love it. It comes with a cool little tray for projects just like this, or fruit leather. Mmmm!
- But, you can also do it like this:
- Spread a piece of parchment paper across the bottom of a cookie sheet.
- Spread your almond meal out across the parchment paper, smooshing it down as flat as possible.
- With your oven set to 180 degrees. Dry out your almond meal for approximately 2 hours. Check it, and dry longer if needed.
- Once your almond meal is dehydrated, put it in your clean, dry blender and powder for just a few seconds.
- Viola!! Almond flour!
There you have it!
Your delicious, safe and chemical free homemade organic raw almond milk! Let me know in the comments what your favorite way to use your homemade almond milk is! I’m always looking for new great ideas!
Happy Happy Best Almond Milk making!
Shawna’s Side Note:
Even though my family uses the BlendTech blender, the VitaMix is AMAZING as well. Please feel free to research them both. I love Amazon for research because you get to read about the product, but the best part is all of the product reviews. You can see and purchase the BlendTech Here and the VitaMix Here.
I also talked about the NutBag. I have had mine for a couple of years now and it’s so worth the $6ish investment!